Sunday, January 27, 2013

Relogy Acne Treatment review

At the beginning of December I had the opportunity, through my beauty blogging group, to review some skincare products. The name of the company was Relogy and I had never heard of them before. I was also hesitant to accept the offer because I had been seriously struggling with acne and I didn't know if trying new products would be a bad idea. Boy, am I glad I tried them!

Let me go back in time a little bit before we get into the review. Since about June 2012 I was battling constant breakouts. Some weeks, the breakouts were more severe than others, but the acne would not clear up. I was so confused as to what brought it on because even in High school I did not have bad acne. Anyways, everything I tried either made it worse or had no effect at all. The Clinique skincare systems, using over the counter spot treatments high in benzoyl peroxide, and even prescription strength Differin didn't help. So, as I mentioned above, I was a little skeptical to try something new, but I thought, "why not."

Relogy was different from the start. It was gentle, it didn't make my face tingle or in some cases, make my face hurt, like the other acne treatments. The Relogy skincare package comes with the foam face wash and the skin balancing lotion, but comes with the target spot treatment for free! After using it for about 4 weeks, my acne had completely cleared only leaving behind the yucky dark marks from the previous acne (see pictures below).

The products came nicely and neatly wrapped

A Relogy "Guide to Clean Skin" was included in the package. This pamphlet was very informational about how to prevent acne and how to maintain healthy skin. I really enjoyed reading it and found it very helpful. One really important thing that I got from the guide is that acne can sometimes be forming under your skin for weeks, that's why getting rid of acne can sometimes take up to 8 weeks!

Here is the face wash, face lotion, and spot treatment. The package also included a cute drawstring canvas bag.

Let's start with the face wash. First of all, it can be used as a rinse free acne treatment foam OR you can use it as a normal foaming face wash that you rinse off in the shower or at the sink. It can also be used twice a day to clear up acne or just once a day for acne prevention. When I first received the package, I used the foam twice a day, I'd use the rinse off method when I showered and then at night I would use the rinse free method. The foam is very gentle and does not have a harsh scent at all. It's not overly drying when rinsed off, but using the lotion afterward was still necessary.

When I was using the foam as a rinse free option it absorbed fairly quickly with only leaving a slight residue feeling on my skin.

The face lotion is wonderful! It absorbs so nicely and I love that you only need a pea sized amount  The smell is also very nice! It doesn't leave my skin feeling oily at all. It's really hydrating and I really only have great things to say about it.

The on the spot treatment is a convenient roll on. Now that my acne has cleared up I use it for the one or two spots I get about once a month. It helps diminish inflammation and redness.

Next up I have my "after" pictures! I have to admit, I did not take "before" pictures because I, one, was embarrassed, and two, I just didn't think people would want to see my acne all up close and personal. The dark marks you see will be proof enough of the severity of the acne that I previously had.

(right cheek)

(left cheek)

These are my "after" photos. As you can see, all of my acne is gone! All that remains are the dark marks from my old acne. Luckily, the dark marks have dramatically faded over these past few months, but I'm still hoping they'll go away all together. They are practically non-existent when I wear makeup, luckily. I realize that the pictures make it seem like my acne is still there, but trust me, it's just the left over dark marks that you see (they just appear slightly reddish, which is strange). When the acne was present, it always formed on my cheeks, it rarely formed on my forehead or chin. That is why I have only included pictures of my cheeks. Please know, though, that I am acne free all over!

I really feel that I have finally found an awesome skincare regiment. I have been using it now for almost two months and I'd say I'm about half way to three quarters through the bottles. That is because I'm able to use it sparingly and it's still so effective. Relogy is DEFINITELY something I would order again once I run out. The price point is something I would be willing to pay seeing that the results are so great.

Relogy can be ordered directly through their website. It is $49.95 for a 60 day supply of the face wash, lotion, and free spot treatment. Plus, they have an option where you pay $49.95 every 60 days (per shipment) and they will conveniently send you a new supply every 60 days while including a free gift (website explains it may be a candle, headband, lipbalm, etc)

Please visit www.relogynow.com for any information I may have missed!

I hope this review has helped any of you out there struggling with acne! THANK YOU to Relogy for your amazing products, my skin loves you!

*These products were sent to me by Relogy for review. All opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. Wow great review! I was using Proactiv for a while, but it eventually started feeling too harsh for my face. This line sounds amazing though! Your skin looks great! I need to check this stuff out....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete