Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Del Sol!

My cousin Tyler and his wife, Sara, recently went on a cruise and when they got back Sara texted me and told me she got me a nail polish that changed colors in the sun! I instantly knew she was talking about Del Sol. I was really excited because I have only ever owned one Del Sol polish and I've been wanting to try more. So, now that I own two, I swatched them both to share with all of you.

Unfortunately, right after I got done painting my nails, I freaking realized that the sun wasn't out. So, I won't be able to show you how they change in this post...I'll have to do another post sometime when I get the chance on an actual SUNNY day lol.

Here's the one Sara picked out for me! It's called Foxy, isn't it such a pretty pink?! This is actually four coats, it went on sheer, but it dried pretty quickly between coats so I really didn't care about having to do four. In the sun, this one is supposed to change to purple.


Here's the one that I owned previously...my grandma actually bought it for me on a cruise also! It's called Electrick. This one was four coats also, but again dry time was quick. The only thing I dont like about this polish is that the brush strokes show terribly. However, I really dont notice them unless I see my nails super up-close like in this picture. In the sun, this one is supposed to change to green.


Here are the stickers on top of the bottles that show you what they change to!



Hopefully I can swatch these again soon to show you how they transform!

*I wrote this post a few days ago when it wasn't sunny and isn't it ironic that the day I'm actually posting it (today), its the most beautiful bright and sunny day out...and I'm stuck at school :(

2 comments:

  1. If you have a UV light (like the kind used for curing gel nails, you can use that. I haven't tried it with a regular light bulb though.

    There is a Del Sol store in the Orlando Airport. I have a client I visit out there each quarter. Stopping into the store is always on the list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's a good idea! I don't own one of those, but I'd be cool to play with if I did! And yes, I did know that...I haven't been to it in sooo long though!

    ReplyDelete