Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Avon Matte polishes

I hesitated about posting these polishes for Avon Week because they are, unfortunately, no longer being carried by Avon at the moment. I'm sure they will make a comeback in the future, because Avon seems to do that with their products, but for now they aren't being sold :/  I've seen them pop up randomly in the outlet books though, so it might be hit or miss!

Anyways, I came to the conclusion that I wanted to post them anyways because they are too pretty to not be featured!



Avon Matte in Violetta. This is a beauitful deep purple matte polish. It goes on fairly smoothly with only miminal dragging if you mess with it too much (which I seem to always do lol). It was opaque in almost one coat, but I ended up doing two.


The magic in Violetta truly comes out when you add a shiny topcoat. After you do this, you can see that Violetta has purple and subtle red shimmer. It's gorgeous!


Avon Matte in Red Velvet. This is a deep red that just screams fall. Same formula as Violetta and same number of coats.


(please excuse the small bubble on my middle finger, I globbed on my topcoat hastily and it caused this)

Again, adding a shiny topcoat really makes this one a stunner. All of the gold shimmer that is packed in this polish really shines after adding topcoat.



I REALLY love these Matte polishes that Avon came out with last fall. I'm so hoping they come out with other Matte colors this fall! I also have a plain black and plain gray matte polish from Avon, but Red Velvet and Violetta are the clear winners in this collection.

I absolutely love a Matte polish that looks great being matte, but is even prettier shiny. It makes for a great versatile polish.


What do you all think about Matte polishes, in general? Love or hate?

2 comments:

  1. These are really pretty colors!
    I've never tried any matte polishes, they seem really interesting though. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the purple. It's pretty!

    ReplyDelete